Navigation Menu

My dance story-Episode 1-Ballroom Dancing

So after too long time that I dind't post because I was sick, today I'll talk about me as a dancer threw the years.
I decided to divede it to episodes because I really want to talk about it a lot and I don't want it to be too long
I started to dance when I was almost 6 years old. My mother pushed me to start dancing and I think it's because she wanted me to exercise and move my body and I was a bit chubby girl, and I know that she was dancing when she was younger so I'm pretty sure it had had an influence on her, until nowdays she's the only person in my family that can see the true sence of me being a professional dancer or choreographer even if I won't be the wealthiest women on planet earth.
So I started with ballroom dancing and I remember it pretty good.
Firstly I started to dance in my town (about 30 minutes drive from my home) and there was a really big studio and a really good teacher but then they stopped to run shuttles and because my father wasn't able to drive me there every time I moved to dance in another place that was close to my home.
 It was in my nieghborhood  (yes, as always) and I really liked it, there was a small group of 4-7 children who I don't really remember accept one girl that I still know and I talk to her sometimes, and the name of my teacher was Galina. I had no partner because I was new, and then when a new boy joined the group the teacher said that I am better than him so it would be better for me to go ahead without a partner and it was so...I was a little bit sad about it ( I really wanted to dance with a boy and I excpected it) but it was okay and I dealt with it. afterwards there was a big contest in Jerusalem and the participants were from all over the town and was very excited, I didn't got a real dress ( it was very expensive) and I wore a set that one of my best friends gave me for my 6th birthday. I've won the first place in my age category of the soloist girls, now I can realize that my friend had no partner too.
It's funny how I'm starting to restore some memories as I talk about it....I still remember how my grandfather used to walk with me to the studio before every lesson and wait for me until the end of it. 
In the next year I stopped with ballroom dancing because my teacher moved to teach in other place that was too far for me and sometimes I miss it a lot.
And I'll never forget the day of the contestand the moment I heard my name
 I still remember some basic moves but it's really not the same and I like to watch ballroom dancing on YouTube sometimes